In Killester Raheny Clontarf ETNS, we are committed to regularly reflecting on improving teaching and learning in our school. As required by the Department of Education and Skills (DES), we have undertaken a School Self-Evaluation (SSE) review. (You will recall completing a google form survey back in September 2020 as part of that process. Please find a summary of our findings below.
- What are the strengths of our school?
- New developing school
- Supportive parents/guardians
- Interested and motivated staff
- Supportive Board of Management
- Lovely pupils
- Willingness of the staff to engage in CPD
- What we are going to work on in SSE?
Due to the current pandemic, our SSE process was put on hold from the 12th of March 2020. We reassessed our specific need in our school and we decided that our SSE process would take a new form. In line with circular 40/20, we went back to evaluate/survey our school community in relation to Wellbeing, specifically Emotional Literacy and Competency. This is the area of focus.
The focus of this evaluation is on the resumption of schooling with a focus on Wellbeing and Emotional Literacy and Competency while growing our Restorative school.
- How can parents/guardians help us with our SSE?
- Unpacking the emotion/feeling of the week with their children
- Regular check-in conversations with their children
- Familiarise themselves with Restorative Practice (links/videos/supportive and informative documents to be sent from the school)